Proposed features

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:14:47 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 2:48 AM, Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 2:14 AM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > +1 for 1clickinstall ..
> >
> > 1click install requires only some handler which would be responsible for
> > repos management and redirecting commands to PackageKit (because it is
> > our new package manager).
> >

> yup .. its easy to do .. just parse the XML .. and launch something
> like system-install-packages
>
> about packagekit, it would be nice if it replaces pup :D. I agree that
> it shouldnt replace pirut, but having a backgrounded update is a great
> feature.

The best feature of PackageKit for me is the ability to give user the
admin privieleges for updates, so that updates don't ask all the time
for password. For me on my single seat laptop that is a must have
feature. Can pup have that feature also or can PackakeKit replace pup
as suggested?

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/