Any possibility of getting this software installer coded and in fedora (9 or 10)?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:33:00 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 11:20 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oke that makes sense. and what about a c/c++ frontend? that's what i
> actually want to do with java just as a step between it. Just asking
> and seeing if that might be a good possibility. I won't make that
> anytime soon because i have no c/c++ knowledge at the moment or
> anytime soon (as in 1+ years or so).

Again.. is there a reason you can't work directly with the existing
packagekit developers?  Having 15 thousand different frontends sure
sounds like a bad idea.  Packagekit development has momentum, its
going places, they have multiple frontends for situations that make
sense.

If you want to make best impact, you'll find a way to work with them
to improve the frontends they are already working on.

Unless your ideas for what your application is actually going to do
for users is inconsistent with what packagekit developers are already
trying to achieve... there is little utility in striking on on your
own.  If your primary goal is to impact the experience for users
generally, you'll get their faster by enhancing what is already being
worked on.

If you just want to do this for self-education or personal usage, then
do whatever you want, you'll succeed at the goal regardless of how you
actually implement your code.

-jef