Haskell Packaging Guidelines Review

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 00:18:23 UTC 2008

Hi Yaakov,

Sorry for the late followup.  Glad to have you join our Haskell SIG. :)

> I've been working on writing up guidelines for packaging Haskell
> packages.  I need some input from people who know their way around
> Fedora very well. Some of the issues involved nuances of Haskell, but
> many of them are questions because I don't know enough about Fedora
> myself.  If any one has the time to give these a looking over, and
> comment on some of the points where I've left question marks, it would
> be very helpful so that hopefully I might have a few interesting
> things in for Fedora 9 Beta.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Haskell

Thanks for working on this.  It is something that the Haskell SIG had
not got round to doing yet.  Though we are not that big, I think it
would help to make a fedora-haskell-list for the SIG, so that we can
focus more on the discussion there, since there is so much traffic on f-d-l.

I will try to review your draft carefully soon, and provide some feedback.

Thanks, Jens