bodhi update lag

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 16:09:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 08:38:35AM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:20:37 -0500
> Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Just wondering whether the latest update lag was a one-time thing or
> > if there are other problems that are causing pushes to be slow.  For
> > example, https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-1624
> > was submitted on 2008-02-06, but the actual push to testing happened
> > 7 days later on 2008-02-13.  7 days is a bit too long for pushes, I
> > think. Anything in particular going on?
>
> This was a one time thing.  I had planned to do a push on
> Friday/Saturday but I got hit with a really bad stomach bug.  Then the
> critical kernel security issue came up and that took priority over any
> other pushes.  Unfortunately a push failure plus a machine reboot
> conspired to make that kernel push take all day.  Then yesterday was
> spent getting all the packages signed (there were a lot of them) and a
> push going, which finally made it out today.

Most of the notices for the last push went out last night, but bodhi
flipped out when it hit a private bugzilla in some new code.  I fixed
the bug and pushed out the rest of the notices and the updates-testing digest
this morning.

My fault if you notice duplicate comments in your bugs from bodhi today,
it may have happened to a couple of updates.  If you notice any other
problems with recent pushes, please let me know.

luke