How important are ISO standards to Fedora?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Feb 14 01:41:21 UTC 2008

> On Feb 13, 2008 6:26 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Rodd Clarkson (rodd at clarkson.id.au) said:
> > > Right, so where does paper sizing fit into this?
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it be more correct for Fedora to default to the ISO standard
> > > for paper (A4, etc) than to the US standard for paper (letter, etc)?
> >
> > No. Use LC_PAPER.
>
> I'm looking through the s-c-printer code in f8.  And it looks like
> LC_MESSAGES is being used.

On my system it doesn't appear that either of these are set to anything.

And surely location isn't being set based on a language preference?  I
live in Australia, but prefer English (USA) to English (Australia).

[rodd at localhost system-config-printer]$ echo $LC_PAPER

[rodd at localhost system-config-printer]$ echo $LC_MESSAGES

[rodd at localhost system-config-printer]$

 It's much better on my side"