Rawhide Orphanarium

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri Feb 15 15:32:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15.02.08 12:05, Kevin Kofler (kevin.kofler at chello.at) wrote:

Hi!

> Isn't Lennart the de facto owner of that package? He's listed as a comaintainer
> with all 4 ACLs in pkgdb, he's the upstream maintainer and he did most of the
> changes lately. But if Lennart wants someone else to be the primary maintainer
> or is looking for comaintainers, I'm sure we can find maintainers in the KDE
> SIG and/or the (GNOME) Desktop Team, as avahi is a dependency of both desktops.
> I'm definitely ready to take it if nobody else wants it.

This is mostly a misunderstanding. I was practically maintaining Avahi
fully anyway, although I was listed only as comaintainer.  Recently
Martin Bacovsky moved to another group in RH and wanted to give up his
nominal maintainership of it in fedora and he thus oprhaned it, but I
never did took it up officially in pkgdb.

This is fixed now.

Thanks for the notice,

Lennart