source file audit - 2008-02-14

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:57:02 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:21 +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
>
>> Personally, if you could script opening a BZ, I'd welcome that.
>
> I don't like the idea of programs opening bugzilla reports.  Many issues
> like this can change for reasons entirely out of my control (transient
> network outage, breakage in underlying libraries or toolchain, etc.).
>
> First, ideally we would have a way for people to contribute checks like
> this for the Fedora infrastructure, rather than running it on their
> personal computers.
>
> Second, we should have a way for software to add to a "problem feed",
> something that would be exported as RSS.  So for example, Matt's
> "rebuild everything for rawhide" script could add a notice "your package
> failed to rebuild".  This way I'd get notification, but if it was just
> today's GCC or kernel or some underlying library being broken, the
> problem just drops off naturally, without creating a task for me to deal
> with.  Kevin's script could add an entry for "source link broken".
>
> However if it *is* a bug in my package, then a human can come along and
> click one link "Create bugzilla bug".
>
> Perhaps the My Fedora infrastructure under development could provide
> something like this.

Ooh  Ooh!  Could you add some of these thoughts to this ticket for a
notification service?

I haven't had time to work on that but I think your thoughts are an
excellent summary of what I wish we could do there.  (Adding J5 to the
ticket so he can think about if we should integrate it into MyFedora as
well.)

-Toshio