Outage Notification - 2008-02-18 12:30 UTC

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 15:47:12 UTC 2008

There was an outage starting at 2008-02-18 12:30 UTC, which lasted
approximately 3 hours.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
or run:

date -d '2008-02-18 12:30 UTC'

Affected Services:

    Buildsystem

Unaffected Services:
    Websites
    CVS / Source Control
    Database
    DNS
    Mail
    Torrent
    Hosted

Ticket Link:

Reason for Outage:

NFS server failed and refused to restart.  This was an nfslock issue, when
changing the port we had wrongly assumed everything was working as nfs
restarted and we could then access the share again.  Locking, however,
continued to fail as the kernel cannot change which port this is running
on without a reboot.

rpcinfo -p continued to show the old port regardless of what we set it to.
Epic fail.

Contact Information:

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email to
track the status of this outage.