Outage Notification - 2008-02-19 11:38 UTC

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 13:25:13 UTC 2008

There was an outage starting at 2008-02-19 11:38 UTC, which will
last approximately 1.5 hours.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
or run:

date -d '2008-02-19 11:38 UTC'

Affected Services:

    Websites
    Buildsystem
    Database

Unaffected Services:
    DNS
    Mail
    Torrent
    CVS / Source Control

Ticket Link:

Reason for Outage:
This morning we saw the database fill up on connections causing a partial
outage of things like the account system, buildsystem and other such
systems.  It seems to have recovered on its own though a half hour or so
later xen2 crashed.  Its unclear if the db filling up was the result of
unusually high load that then crashed the server or if this was a
completely unrelated issue.

In the meantime less load is being put that specific host in effort to
stablize the environment.  The long term fix is being formulated by
release engineering and the Infrastructure team.  These outages are
unacceptable and we're working to put more resources towards fixing them.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Contact Information:

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email to
track the status of this outage.