Howto update dependent packages

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 19 22:10:02 UTC 2008

NB> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 08:34 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
>> I am trying to update python-igraph, which BR on igraph-devel, for
>> F8 and
>>> F7.
>>>
>>> igraph-devel-0.5 was pushed to F8 testing yesterday, but I still
>>> can't build python-igraph-0.5 against it.
>>>
>>> Does the mock system not look at packages in testing?  How are we
>>> supposed to do this update?
>>
>> You have to request a buildroot inclusion from releng.
>>

NB> I guess this means 'send an email to releng?'

There is actually a webpage on this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/SOP/BuildRootOverrides

which should probably be linked-to from some more prominent place
and/or updated to reflect what is actually required (i.e. "just e-mail
rel-eng") from mere mortal users of koji (as opposed to koji admins
who are the the only people who can actually run the commands listed
there).

Alex