default mail client

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 15:57:36 UTC 2008

All MUA's suck, it's just a question of which sucks less for a given
user/task.

Between Evolution and Thunderbird I think Evolution is the clear winner
in terms of functionality and usability. The problem with Evolution is
its the most bug-ridden application I've ever used (Matt has been doing
a wonderful job of trying to fix things but it might be a losing
battle). When Evolution crashes/hangs finally pissed me off enough last
year I switched to Thunderbird. There are a *lot* of things about
Thunderbird I don't like, but it has one attribute I can't live without,
it doesn't hang or crash on a regular basis, so I'm now a reluctant TB user.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>