Orphaned: Blam

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Fri Feb 22 04:46:22 UTC 2008

(CC-ed to Sindre, since he was the original maintainer long ago, and is
on the watch ACLs now.)

Hi, all.

I've orphaned the Blam package in Fedora.

It needs some love to properly function with recent XULrunner builds in
rawhide, and also to fix or workaround some Mono-to-native related
segfaults that I have been unable to track down (with 1.8.4, which is
the primary reason why Fedora's package is still 1.8.3-based).

Also, it currently uses internal pre-built copies of a couple of Mono
libraries (Atom.NET and RSS.NET). My understanding is that work was
underway to fix this but as of yet it does not appear that way. Thus, it
would be also most likely need to be fixed to build these two libraries
from their respective sources (though their two websites indicate that
upstream development is no longer active).

I haven't used it in many months; and with my current school workload I
barely have sufficient time for my other packages as it stands. Another
person who actively uses it could more readily give it the care it needs
and that I have been unable to provide.

Thanks.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479