bugzilla request

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Sun Feb 24 23:35:50 UTC 2008

Christoph Höger escreveu:

> I've read your bug. To make it short: I don't have the time to check for
> such a scenario and I doubt many here will find it, as this seems to be
> an upstream bug ;).
> But my glibc-headers are a lot newer then yours (glibc-headers-2.7-2)
> (versioning change maybe). I suggest you test with new headers and if
> the bug is still present go directly to the glibc people.

    Man you're right .... as i tested that which appears to be a bug on
several machines, seems i have pasted the rpm version query from a
fedora 5 box, which i know it's not supported anymore.

    Anyway, everything was tested in Fedora 7 (which is a supported
release yet) and things didnt worked as well, as i reported.

    In a Fedora 7 box, i have

[root at firewall ~]# rpm -qf /usr/include/netdb.h
glibc-headers-2.6-4
[root at firewall ~]#

    That glibc-headers-2.3.6-3 was from a Fedora 5 box.

    Unfortunelly i still dont have a Fedora 8 box, but in the Fedora 7
boxes i have access, fully updated until today, it still didnt worked as
i reported. I'll try to get a Fedora 8 box and try it .... and report
this bug to glibc people directly.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues