Fedora 9 Feature Freeze Approaching--All Feature Owners Please Read

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 15:20:23 UTC 2008

* John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> [2008-02-23 13:40]:
> Greetings from Feature Country,
>
> If you are a current Fedora 9 feature owner, please make sure your feature
> has been accepted and is listed on this page:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList.  If you expected to
> find your feature there, but did not, please make sure your feature page is
> complete and in CategoryProposedFeature so that I can propose it for
> acceptance at FESCo's next meeting.
>
> Just a brief reminder that the Fedora 9 Feature Freeze is currently
> schedule for Tuesday, March, 4, 2008.  This means a few things.
>
> First, after this date *no new features will be accepted for Fedora 9* as
> we shift our attention from development and testing to stabilization,
> testing, testing, and testing.
>
> Second, with the Fedora 9 Beta release following the freeze date we will be
> asking all feature owners to review their feature pages to make sure they
> are current, update the % of completion and "last updated date".
> Information on these pages will serve as a community focal point for your
> feature.
>
> Third, any features that are not complete by the freeze date will be
> evaluated by FESCo to determine if they should remain in Fedora 9 or be
> deferred to a future release.  If you know for sure that your feature is
> not ready for Fedora 9, please change its feature page to
> CategoryProposedFeature to save us time making this determination.
>
> The complete feature process is described here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked earlier. I was unable to find any answer to
this question on google/wiki:

What about updates/additions for packages that are not a "feature"? In
my case, I am working on a maven update.. and while I am trying hard to
get it in before march 4th, it spans 20+ packages -- many of them new ..
if I cannot make it by March 4th, does it mean I can still put it in
a little later, but still have it make F9?

Deepak