Fedora 9 Feature Freeze Approaching--All Feature Owners Please Read

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Feb 26 16:10:35 UTC 2008

Deepak Bhole <dbhole at redhat.com> wrote:
> * John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> [2008-02-23 13:40]:
> > Greetings from Feature Country,
> >
> > If you are a current Fedora 9 feature owner, please make sure your feature
> > has been accepted and is listed on this page:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList.  If you expected to
> > find your feature there, but did not, please make sure your feature page is
> > complete and in CategoryProposedFeature so that I can propose it for
> > acceptance at FESCo's next meeting.

All well and good, but right now rawhide is /very/ broken:

- X doesn't get along with keyboards and mice
- GNOME settings daemon crashes, much of GNOME doesn't work as a result
- Latest kernels just hang on boot or are unable to start X
- gdm crashes X

I'd vote for ironing those out before going forward with any kind of freeze
(or do a "bug-fix-only freeze", which I'm sure will overrun the schedule
anyway).

I don't remember an upcomming Red Hat/Fedora release in which rawhide was
this badly broken.