Fedora 9 Feature Freeze Approaching--All Feature Owners Please Read

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Feb 26 19:32:40 UTC 2008

> Le mardi 26 février 2008 à 09:39 -0800, Alan a écrit :
>
>> Font management tools for users would be helpful.  The current system of
>> adding fonts is pretty obscure from a user viewpoint.  (At least in
>> Gnome.) There are other things I will probably think of as soon as I
>> send
>> this...
>
> Would font management tools be useful in general, or would they be
> useful because the set of FLOSS fonts we ship is not complete enough?
> We've added a lot of new font packages during this cycle.

If you are doing any sort of word processing and/or page layout you want
to be able to add fonts.  NO set of fonts will be complete enough for
someone who is trying to create something for publication.  Making this
easy for users reduces frustration for them and complaints of "not ready
for real usage" for everyone else.