Fedora bug workflow - process change

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:13:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Nils Philippsen <nphilipp at redhat.com> wrote:

>  Very much so I believe. If nobody is working on a bug, no activity on it
>  means something hugely different from when somebody is supposed to work
>  on it.

I personally have a query for bugs that I'm CC'ed on (which you should
be CC'ed on any bugs that you triage - for the life of them) that have
had no activity in 30 days.  I don't have this as part of the triage
process, but maybe it should be.  I'm open to comments here - the
point of this is good user experience, not introducing bureaucracy
(although some of the latter is necessary to ensure the former).

The main reason behind the use of the states that we decided is that
we wanted to launch this with the minimal amount of development and
retooling necessary (i.e. none).  There is no such thing as an
UNCONFIRMED state in b.r.c, as there is in say GNOME.  This was
actually specifically removed, since having it would impact RHEL
workflow (and you can't specify different initial states per product
in the version of bugzilla used here).

VERIFIED means something entirely different - we don't use it in
Fedora and don't want to.  In RHEL land it indicates that the patch
proposed has passed through the QE department successfully (or
something close to that) and that the bug is verified as having been
fixed.