submitting ideas to Fedora

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 03:59:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 21:47 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com>
> wrote:
<snip>
> >  Went through some of the interesting ones:

<snip>

> All the more reason to consolidate the effort.

See how all the bugs went upstream, instead of a home-made feature
tracker? They're more than welcome to come and fix those, but I have the
strange feeling they'll just go the easy route, and patch it up with
hacks, as they did in previous releases.

Compare and contrast:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-keymap-index.html
http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/misc/hotkey-setup

Bad, bad Matthew.

I hope they do it right instead of going the easy route...