submitting ideas to Fedora

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 22:14:22 UTC 2008

Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Users want ponies, and there's no lack of them coming on fedora-devel to
> tell us so.

But an engineer knows that a pony isn't very practical.  Users also want
practical things.

> I see no problem that needs to be fixed. (Yes, more engineer thinking.)

I think that means there are parts of the system that you aren't
using...  Hence the value of listening to people that try.

> Why give our users a hollow, meaningless vote? We'd be lying to them.
> What are we, a United States presidential election? :)

No, that takes court intervention to circumvent the will of the users.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com