F9 for Eeepc

Lamont Peterson lamont at lamontpeterson.org
Fri Feb 1 18:30:29 UTC 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 04:42:49 pm John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
[snip]
> Another thing you might want to do is not have a swap
> partition.  Apps run fine without swap, you just might run into OOM more
> frequently.

I remember reading an article in Linux Journal about 1.5 years ago or so about
a technique for use with embedded and other smaller memory Linux systems so
that you can fix a memory ceiling and, thus, prevent OOM killer from ever
triggering.  I don't have my back issues handy (I recently moved), but I
think this is it:

[ http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8502 ]
Lamont Peterson <lamont at lamontpeterson.org
[ http://lamontpeterson.org/ ]
GPG Key fingerprint: C51E DD83 B03F D147 A974  939C 5D13 289C 17F1 FFBE