libGL crashes Enemy Territory Quake Wars(F8 x86_64)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Feb 2 14:09:27 UTC 2008

On 01.02.2008 22:57, Andrew Farris wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>> I don't know how the Livna package handles this problem.  I do not use the
>> Livna packages.  I just rebuild from the nVIDIA installer/build script.
> They do.  The libraries are relocated which prevents them being overwritten by
> mesa, so no conflicts happen the way they used to installing by script.

Correct.

But FYI: some software has a hardcoded rpath on /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 --
if that the case the solution from livna doesn't work (I have heard ET
is a software where that's the case). The livna maintainer some weeks
ago on this list asked if alternatives could be used for libGL.so.1, but
the discussion faded out quickly without any progress/solution.

CU
knurd