PackageKit, localisation and koji

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Feb 2 16:01:17 UTC 2008

Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot <at> laposte.net> writes:
> I soo just wish specspo was buried and translations integrated in
> packages where they belong

There's no way huge packages like openoffice.org, kdebase-workspace and the
like will get rebuilt each time someone translates the summary or description,
or adjusts the translation.

Moreover, maintainers have better things to do than committing hundreds of
1-line patches touching those translations. Most likely I'd filter all bug
reports matching "New .* translation for .* Summary and Description" or
equivalent straight to /dev/null.

        Kevin Kofler