Packaging: name changes?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Feb 6 15:54:27 UTC 2008

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 February 2008 04:13:38 am Kevin Kofler wrote:

>> Please don't BR kdelibs-devel or kdebase-devel (at least not in the
>> current transition period), instead BR kdelibs3-devel/kdebase3-devel for
>> KDE 3 or kdelibs4-devel/kdebase4-devel (or kdebase-workspace-devel if
>> that's what the package needs, kdebase has been split) for KDE 4. The
>> kdelibs/kdebase packages have the appropriate Provides to make this work.
>
> Ooh, shiny. When did that start being the case?

for starters, see:
http://rdieter.livejournal.com/4341.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2007-November/msg00005.html

I'm sure we could to a better job of documenting this in the fedora/wiki
somewhere.

> >Also, is that the case for
> RHEL, for the benefit of those who might also want to builds their stuff
> for EPEL?

No, but if you ask Than real nicely, I'd hope he'd add the appropriate
Provides: in RHEL packaging someday too. :)

-- Rex