request: can somebody please port googleearth-package to fedora?

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:45:55 UTC 2008

On 07/02/2008, Douglas McClendon <dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org> wrote:
> I've been meaning to do this myself for a long time, but I've just got a
> lot of other higher priorities.  I don't suppose I could implore someone
> else into doing the work for me?  Shouldn't be real hard.
>
> Wouldn't it be cool to be able to append a teeny little kickstart
> postscript, and then end up with a livecd or system that has GE
> installed for all users?
>
> http://packages.debian.org/etch/googleearth-package

It doesn't have an open source license so can't be included in Fedora
of course. Which makes it OT for this list IMO.

When google actually release something open source other than obscure
OCR software that sucks anyway I'll be more than happy to work a bit
harder on stuff like that.

--
Christopher Brown

http://www.chruz.com