comaintainership

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Thu Feb 7 11:04:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:47:44 +0100, Christoph Höger wrote:

> So my idea was to become something like a comaintainer for stable
> releases. But what I read from the project page sounds like you'd have
> to be a maintainer of some other packages to do that.
> Is that correct?

Probably, if the pages say that. But it has been controversial in the past.
Because it makes it unnecessarily difficult for further people to join the
project. It's an odd requirement that you need to own an arbitrary other
package or do an unknown number of reviews before you would be permitted
to become a co-maintainer.

> If not, what do I have to do?

IMHO: If the current maintainer cannot become your sponsor, find a different
sponsor as soon as the current maintainer is okay with you becoming a
co-maintainer. If that is against any policies, the policies ought to be
improved.