call for brave ext4 testers in F9, with caveats

David G. Mackay mackay_d at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 7 12:06:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 11:23 -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> I'd like to get a bit more exposure if possible, so if you're feeling
> like living on the cutting edge of filesystems, read on:

OK, I've set up a 10GB disk image and installed F9-Alpha into a VM using
kvm.  The installation went pretty much as your post suggested.
Attempting to boot with selinux enforcing gave me a panic.  Booting with
enforcing=0 worked (with lots of AVC messages logged).  A restorecon on
root allowed me to reboot with selinux set to enforcing without
problems.

Just for fun, I filled up the availabe space with 1MB files and then
deleted them with no trouble.  Then I wrote a 3 GB file and killed the
VM without closing the file.  It recovered without a hiccup.

Do you have any suggestions on how it can be further abused?

Dave