call for brave ext4 testers in F9, with caveats

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 17:56:52 UTC 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On 2/8/08, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
>> This was not the case?
>
> No, anaconda would have been from the F9 alpha DVD, so probably
> wouldn't have done that.  I think that I shot myself in the foot by
> booting off of the F9 alpha DVD and then adding a rawhide http repo to
> pull in the latest bits.

Ok, good, actually.  There's still hope that when everything is in sync,
it's working.  :)

> I was trying out your advice to use a rescue CD (actually the F9 alpha
> DVD again) to use the latest debugfs to set the flag, but that is
> complicated by the fact that my physical volume is encrypted.  Does
> the rescue mode have the tools necessary to mount encrypted
> partitions?

That I don't know... I also *think* that the alpha cd might not be able
to run debugfs against the filesystem, either, with e2fsprogs 1.40.4.

These are all minor hiccups as things evolve; I don't expect too many
more such surprises.  Thanks for giving it a workout.  :)

-Eric