K12Linux Re: Education SIG

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:51:58 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 7:40 AM,  <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Warren Togami wrote:
> > So our two editions would be similar to Ubuntu:
> > K12Linux Desktop - just the educational desktop apps
> > K12Linux Server  - Desktop, LTSP, Moodle, DansGuardian, Squidguard, etc.
> Well, what do you think, how should this go on? I have a finished spin
> (at least for f8), which has been submitted to release engineering, here
> [1] and also posted several times before - here [2] and here [3]. If you
> came up with this somehow earlier, (we could have discussed it and) I
> would have saved several days of work. And, by the way, what do you
> think of the SIG proposal here [4]? What do you suggest concerning these
> educational spins?

There's no reason you can edit the spin's payload for the f9 release
timeframe.  Spin's aren't set in stone.  It's probably best practices
to not change the spin payload significantly during a fedora release
timeframe, so don't bother trying to edit the f8 based spin you
arlready have in process. But if you and warren can come to an
agreement as to modifications, there's no reason a modified payload
can't be produced in time for F9 release.  It's really up to you.

-jef