Disk Manager

Casey Dahlin cjdahlin at ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 11 17:42:43 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek (jakub.rusinek at gmail.com) said:
>
>> I wonder if we can include Disk Manager [1] in "core" ISOs (LiveCD, DVD),
>> since it's very nice GUI improvement for newbies.
>>

>> 1| http://en.andregondim.eti.br/?p=5
>>

> So.... it's basically a graphical fstab editor, that doesn't:
>
> - do hotplug notification correctly
> - support removable devices correctly
> - use the existing HAL infrastructure
> - support RAID, or LVM, or encryption
>
> I fail to see the point of adding this.
>
> Bill

It is a problem that needs to be solved. Believe it or not there is a
level of user skill where users are more than happy to crack their case
open and pop in a hard drive but aren't so comfortable restructuring
their filesystem.

That being said, all of the above are good reasons not to go with this
particular solution unless we want to dig into the source.

--CJD