Building Asterisk in Rawhide on i386

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Feb 13 03:43:11 UTC 2008

I'm having some difficulty building Asterisk in Rawhide now that GCC
has been upgraded to 4.3.  As you can see from [1] the build error out
because of some undefined symbols (__sync_fetch_and_add_4 and
__sync_sub_and_fetch_4).  From what I've been able to figure out from
googling around is that these two functions are no longer available
when building with '-march=i386' because i386 processors don't have
the atomic operations that are required.  The "solution" that I have
seen proposed is to build with '-march=i686'. Unless someone has some
other solution, I'd like to start building Asterisk as i686 in Rawhide
rather than i386.

Jeff

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=415415&name=build.log