Locales (WAS: How important are ISO standards)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:57:04 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 10:48 PM, Linus Walleij <triad at df.lth.se> wrote:

> I'd be surprised if the real problem was anything else than the simple
> fact that users who just want "an English Fedora" will not know how to
> localize Fedora for say, France while keeping the english language.

Simple rule... if you are not in North America.. avoid using en_US for anything.
Aren't there other English locales available at install time?  Every
Frenchman should know..instinctively.. that anything designated
specifically for the US is going to be ass-backwards to the rest of
the modern world.

-jef