Kernel-2.6.25-0.40.rc1.git2.fc9.i686 doesn't boot in rawhide

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 15 18:45:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:36:25 -0800,
  Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:
> > After upgrading today to this kernel, while booting, it stops at usb
> >  messages.  I see above those, that /proc, /sys/, and another couldn't
> >  mount/be found or something along those lines.
> >
> >  Anyone else seeing this?
> >
> Boots fine for me.....  Thinkpad X60.

It books on another of my machines as well. Based on another thread on
the same topic it looks like it might be an mkinitrd problem and it
might depend on what kernel you were running when you install a new kernel.
I expect to test this theory on the machine that failed in about 2 hours.
If right, falling back to a 2.6.24 kernel and then reinstalling the latest
2.6.25 kernel may work around the issue. I'll report back after the test.