source file audit - 2008-02-14

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sun Feb 17 05:52:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 12:30:31PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:21 +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
>
> > Personally, if you could script opening a BZ, I'd welcome that.
>
> I don't like the idea of programs opening bugzilla reports.  Many issues
> like this can change for reasons entirely out of my control (transient
> network outage, breakage in underlying libraries or toolchain, etc.).
>
> First, ideally we would have a way for people to contribute checks like
> this for the Fedora infrastructure, rather than running it on their
> personal computers.

Agreed.  No reason this couldn't be run on Infrastructure hardware.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/RFR describes how to
request such.

My rebuilds, however, really appreciate having more hardware to throw
at the problem than infrastructure has on hand.  Fortunately I have
that hardware available for this use (7 multi-socket multi-core
systems right now).  Running this on Infrastructure hardware (really,
the koji builders) would adversely impact koji builds.

> Second, we should have a way for software to add to a "problem feed",
> something that would be exported as RSS.  So for example, Matt's
> "rebuild everything for rawhide" script could add a notice "your package
> failed to rebuild".

I'm open to adding something like this, but have zero experience
generating RSS feeds, much less one feed per person (presumably).
Advice would be appreciated.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux