SELinux smolt stats

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Tue Feb 19 04:25:28 UTC 2008

It seems that the SELinux enablement stats are now online -- thanks!

I have a question about what the numbers mean.  The current values are:

  SELinux Enabled
  False		185085 	53.3 %
  True		162262 	46.7 %

for 347347 registered hosts.

Now, the "OS" column include several distros and versions, including FC5,
Centos5 through to current rawhide, with the same number of total hosts.

As the SELinux figures have only been collected since F8, does this mean
that we should calculate "total SELinux enabled" only for:

  OS			Hosts
  F8			130282
  F7.x (rawhide)	  5517
  F8.x (rawhide)	   920
			136719 (actually providing SELinux stats)

where the percentage enabled is actually thus at least 74% ?

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>