agg vs cairo in gnash

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Feb 19 09:51:08 UTC 2008

Le Mar 19 février 2008 10:03, Callum Lerwick a écrit :

> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 15:42 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>> > I don't think anyone cares quite that much about agg anymore ;)
>>
>> I guess that the gnash maintainer in OLPC cares, maybe the former
>> owner
>> also cares (though it is not that clear).
>
> It appears gnash can use agg or cairo, but the developers prefer agg.
> Is there a reason for this?

I think a lot of windows devs long assumed cairo was unix-only, and
would never match agg speed on non-linux platforms. Of course with the
moz foundation pouring resources on the windows cairo port now, this
may not be true for long but it takes a long time for assumptions to
die down.

--
Nicolas Mailhot