Packaging a noarch program arch dependent?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Feb 19 14:52:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

gnome-applet-timer was completely rewritten in python, so it noarch (at
least I think so, this is my first python package). Nevertheless there
are some files in %{_libdir} and really belong there:

> %files -f timer-applet.lang
> %defattr(-,root,root,-)
> %doc AUTHORS COPYING ChangeLog NEWS README
> %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/timer-applet.schemas
> %{_libdir}/bonobo/servers/TimerApplet.server
> %{_libdir}/timer-applet/timer-applet
> %{_datadir}/pixmaps/timer-applet.png
> %{_datadir}/timer-applet/
> %{python_sitelib}/timerapplet/

How to deal with that? I guess I should package it arch dependent like
gnome-applets (the stock ticker invest also is written in python and is
in the arch'ed package), but rpmlint shouts out loud on the package:

gnome-applet-timer.x86_64: E: no-binary
gnome-applet-timer.x86_64: E: only-non-binary-in-usr-lib

Files (Feedback is welcome):
http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/gnome-applet-timer.spec
http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/gnome-applet-timer-2.0.1-1.fc9.src.rpm

TIA