Asterisk 1.6 in Fedora

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Feb 19 17:23:36 UTC 2008

I'm sure that some of you have noticed that Digium has started
releasing betas of Asterisk 1.6 (beta3 was just released).  At this
point in time (less than two weeks to the feature freeze), I think
that I'm going to wait until F9 is branched in the package CVS to
introduce Asterisk 1.6 into Rawhide.  So F10 would be the first
release of Fedora to contain Asterisk.  I plan on introducing Asterisk
1.6 into EPEL6 once RHEL6 is available.

However, since we do have two weeks until feature freeze, I'm willing
to listen to arguments to put Asterisk 1.6 into F9 now...

Jeff