SELinux smolt stats

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Wed Feb 20 14:09:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> James Morris wrote:
> > It seems that the SELinux enablement stats are now online -- thanks!
> >
> > I have a question about what the numbers mean.  The current values are:
> >
> >   SELinux Enabled
> >   False		185085 	53.3 % 	True		162262 	46.7 %
>
> If this arguments are true for Fedora 8 than it looks like that more people
> dislike selinux than like it, right?

Why did you delete the rest of the email, which queried these numbers and
suggested that the real figure for enablement was much higher?

btw, I asked off-list for a raw SQL query for just F8 systems (which have
been reporting SELinux stats all along), and the "Enabled=True" value is
currently 94%.

It's not clear to me what these numbers really mean, and I think it may be
some time before we are able to really see what's happening (e.g. between
smolt changes, initial reports, re-reporting, different distro versions
with different levels of usability, permissive vs. enforcing etc.).

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>