default mail client

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Feb 21 14:10:15 UTC 2008

I suggest that Thunderbird will be installed along with Evolution
RFE filed for when a user first setups Thunderbird he will be asked if
he wants to import mail from Evolution and make Thunderbird the default
mail client...
Evolution could still be the default mail client but users that are
switching from M$ to
Fedora or already use Fedora and already are used to use Thunderbird, it
would be there for them..

I think we should rather waste our energy in debating about Tomboy and
it's reason being installed by default
and wasting users resource when there are already alot ( Gedit
openoffice vim for example )
of other application that get installed by default, that the user
can organize his ideas and information he deals with every day....

Just my 2 cents....

Best regards.
              Johann B.