default mail client

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 14:20:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 21:16 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 11:48 +1000, Jens Petersen wrote:
> > Evolution is different enough from regular GNOME applications to be
> > basically a different platform
>
> Can you elaborate on this?  Evolution is an official component of the
> GNOME desktop so I don't understand what you mean by "regular GNOME
> applications."

I believe there was a similar thread about Epiphany vs. Firefox being
default a while ago there. Epiphany is a default GNOME component, but
Firefox is default, right?

Actually, I don't have an opinion on this -- difficulty of deciding
about defaults seems to me bigger than relevance of what's being the
default as it's so easy to switch. And I'm a happy Firefox and Evolution
user :)