Anaconda needs new locale thinking. (was Re: How important are ISO standards to Fedora?)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Feb 21 23:13:39 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 15:44 +0000, Ian Chapman wrote:
> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
> > In fact, I've always wondered why Fedora listed English (UK) and English
> > (Australia) since they are the same thing.
>
> Are you saying that if I chose English (Australia) it sets the same
> locale as if i'd chosen English (UK)?

I'm noy saying that at all.  I'm saying that I thought I was selecting a
language, not a complete set of locales.

It doesn't seem that hard.

Anaconda needs to ask what language I want to speak, and where I live.

If there is ambiguity about my locales based on this it should prompt
for some advanced option (that might be prompted for in firstboot, and
that can also be changed after the install) that clarify my locale
settings.

R.

> --
> Ian Chapman.