Asterisk 1.6 in Fedora

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:52:39 UTC 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> I'm sure that some of you have noticed that Digium has started
> releasing betas of Asterisk 1.6 (beta3 was just released).  At this
> point in time (less than two weeks to the feature freeze), I think
> that I'm going to wait until F9 is branched in the package CVS to
> introduce Asterisk 1.6 into Rawhide.  So F10 would be the first
> release of Fedora to contain Asterisk.  I plan on introducing Asterisk
> 1.6 into EPEL6 once RHEL6 is available.
>
> However, since we do have two weeks until feature freeze, I'm willing
> to listen to arguments to put Asterisk 1.6 into F9 now...
>
> Jeff

I'm using beta4 now on rawhide. Our production server is 1.4 on f8. We
intend to move to 1.6 when released to use the the new management tools.

I'm finding beta4 ( and beta3 ) very solid. End of last week, used it as
the production server. And the dev's are very responsive in this beta cycle.

So mine's a strong vote for 1.6 in f9. Users of 1.4 can stay with f8, or
just use the f8 package in f9.

sean