Rawhide X.org - My mouse doesn't work & an interesting question...

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:12:05 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Kelly Miller wrote:
>> First, the bug; when I start the X currently in Rawhide, my mouse
>> loses the ability to move from side to side and can only move up and
>> down.  The mouse in question is a Logitech wireless, part of the
>> Cordless Wave desktop.  Oddly enough, the touchpad still works (it's
>> a laptop, BTW).
>
> You need to be sure your mouse/keyboard is configured correctly for
> the newer HAL auto input device handling, or to disable that option.
> This may be due to a mouse configuration you have setup manually in
> xorg.conf but is being interfered with when you start X and login.
> See archived mail [1] by Nicholas Mailhot about some of this.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg02131.html
I stopped doing manual xorg.conf configuration back in Fedora 6, unless
I had a necessary reason for fiddling with the xorg.conf.  So no,
there's no conflicts (unless the system changed something).  I can say
that doubly because I formatted the drive and installed from base Fedora
8, and then updated to Rawhide.