Generic boot.iso

pingou pingoufc4 at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 29 23:37:52 UTC 2008

Dear all,

A friend of mine have recently worked in a generic boot.iso.
The idea is to be able to use the same boot.iso whatever you are trying
to do a netinstall for Fedora 8 i386, x86_64 or a Fedora 9 i386, x86_64
or even a CentOS (from the work he did)

I think the idea would be nice to keep, having one general boot.iso for
all the current version of Fedora available would be nice I think. You
could then use the same one to install Fedora 8 on your i386 computer
your x86_64 laptop and Fedora 9 on your testing machine...

The iso can be found there :
  http://hei.unige.ch/~olivier/
a quick look at the file
isolinux.cfg give some ideas on how it is done...

Just an idea...

Best regards,

Pierre