mktexlsr/texhash/texconfig-sys rehash, what's the canonical %post/%postun for a TeX thing ?

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sun Jan 6 12:24:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 16:24 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> CM> So, what exactly is the current problem with these two ? Is it
> CM> just the mysterious failure of TeX to execute some stuff, i.e.
>
> Yes, I debugged this the other day.  The problem for bacula is that
> latex2html somehow does not properly run texhash in %post, so nothing
> can find html.sty.  If you force a texhash it works.  Changing the
> post scriptlet for latex2html to not use "/usr/bin/env -
> /usr/bin/texhash" but to just call texhash directly works.  I don't
> know why.

I see that another tex package e.g. jadetex has a comment about
"use texconfig-sys rehash instead of texhash", and the change was...

 %post
-/usr/bin/env - PATH=$PATH:%{TeXdir}/bin texhash > /dev/null 2>&1
+[ -x %{_bindir}/texconfig-sys ] && %{_bindir}/texconfig-sys rehash
2> /dev/null || :

+%postun
+[ -x %{_bindir}/texconfig-sys ] && %{_bindir}/texconfig-sys rehash
2> /dev/null || :
+

So maybe a determination of the right way to rehash is called for and
consistent usage might clear this up ?

C.