Request for remove a package from rawhide

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jan 6 18:33:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:26:33 +0100
"Michał Bentkowski" <mr.ecik at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems openarena has been untagged successfully.
> Christopher, thanks for advice!

Hrm.  Some time ago we had agreed to not fix things by making builds
disappear, even in rawhide.  NVRs must always go up.  Since doing this
means anybody who happened to upgrade to your bad build, there is no
way for them to get a fixed build unless they download the package
manually and use a cryptic rpm call.  The proper procedure would have
been to back out the changes and bump the build so that there is an
upgrade path.

--
Jesse Keating