Control center idea

Laith Juwaidah ljuwaida at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 6 19:06:40 UTC 2008

On Sunday 06 January 2008 22:33:42 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 12:21 PM, Laith Juwaidah <ljuwaida at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > There was a small talk about this on #fedora-kde a few days ago...
> > I would have gone with that, since it'll be simply creating modules for
> > systemsettings to integrate other settings tools, but, is that OK? You
> > know, it started as Kubuntu's configuration tool, is that OK with Redhat?
> > How about GNOME users?
>
> well it doesn't have to be okay with Redhat or Gnome guys. Although
> from your brief description, I don't see the point/benefit of the
> idea.

Most reviews I read about F8 had a line similar to "And Fedora still doesn't
have a central configuration tool".
For the user it doesn't matter if we built it ourselves, or we just created
modules for some other distro's configuration tool.

http://www.ljuwaidah.org/pictures/Screenshot3.png

--
Laith Juwaidah
http://www.ljuwaidah.org/