Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 23:19:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 6:06 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> Do you have other words that would say the same, but understandable by a
> non native speaker...

Sure - what's being said is that some or most Fedora package
maintainers are not programmers or coders, but rather packager.

Adding my own $0.02 here, I'm not sure that this is a problem.  Coders
code - they are often not good packagers/release engineering folk.
However the packagers need the coding community behind them.