Impending X driver deprecation

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Jan 10 03:36:20 UTC 2008

On 2008/01/09 14:29 (GMT-0500) Adam Jackson apparently typed:

> The ark, chips, s3, and tseng drivers are going away.

> If you object to any part of this plan, speak loudly, now.

Tseng ET6x00 made one of the best price to performance ratio low/mid cost PCI
gfxcards ever made. They're highly suitable for forced system upgraders stuck
with no AGP slots, no need for 3D silliness, or money to waste on expensive
PCIx cards they have no use for. They also provide DOS support equalled only
by the lowly Trident chips that doesn't exist at even a minimalist level in
current chips. I still have about 8 ET6x00 in functional machines. So as to
Tseng, I object X8.
--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409