Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Jan 10 15:29:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 10:17 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > have a non Linux kernel. Moreover, I'm pretty sure, by just reading your
> > mails, that you don't realize what using a non Linux kernel even
> > entails.
>
> Indeed. This was an extreme example to avoid getting in the technical
> argument,

Interesting. So this is a concrete example of how your whole line of
reasoning is filled with hyperbole. It seems you are using this
hyperbole, along with mistaken notions of "freedom" and "diversity", as
a platform for trying to argue that we should be more open to "choice".

> but keep talking on the organisational issues.

So please take this *elsewhere*. I think we should stick to technical
subjects on this list instead of coming up with wacky examples that is
beyond ones comprehension. All you have down here, Patrice, is to screw
up the SN ratio of this list even more.

(Seriously, I don't even know why I'm on this list anymore. Maybe we
need a fedora-codemonkeys-list where we can ban people using hyperbole
instead of sticking to technical facts and reality. Perhaps, someone
could get even some work done on such a list.)

     David